Anchoring Plants

Anic

..how would I anchor down fake and real plants after I take out the gravel? Should I bury them in small dishes of sand or what? I need help!!

I've never used them but I have seen plant anchors at mmm. They look like they are weighted pieces that wrap around the bottom of the plant (like they use for the real plant tanks at the petstore). For my fake plants (that have the plastic plate on the bottom), I just put a couple of river rocks in the dish...kind of a pain when the rocks shift and fall out (plants float to the top) but do-able

There's a lot of different ways you can anchor your fake plants down on a bare bottom tank. Other than putting them in a container, dish, jar I don't know about the real ones.

I anchor my fake ones down several ways. Some are in glass containers with glass stones holding them in. Some I have attached to a suction cup. This works very well and they stay down great. I have some silk boston ferns that I bought from big Als. They came on a big gray stone of some kind that I thought was unattractive. I covered the stone with aquarium sealant and then stuck gravel to it. I let it cure for 48 hours before putting it in the tank. It worked out great and looks attractive, and the plants stay put. This is in my tank that has gravel but I did not have enough gravel to bury the big stone but now they blend in. But, it would work great in a bare bottom and you can cover it with anything you like that was safe.

I didn't put the fake plants in, but the real ones are anchored inbetween rocks and I stuck the big one under the bubble curtain. ^_^

Archived