White On Moors Dorsal Fin?

fishies724

ammonia .50, nitrite .25, nitrates 0, ph 7.4 30 gal tank been running 2 weeks curretnly cycling, topfin 30 filter change water twice weekly, 3 fish all babies, i added trubostart to help cycle and water safe plus for water conditioner, i feed bio blend, that is the only think unusual in any of the fish but my moor is the only one with something weird.

Ammonia and Nitrite are rough on fish....does the patch look at all cottony? If so, it may be the start of a fungus. I would start salting the tank at a .3% solution. To do this, you will want to buy Aquarium Salt (not marine salt, table salt, epsom salt etc)...this can be bought for a few dollars at your LFS.

You will want to raise the salinity .1% every 12 hours: You will need to dissolve 1 tsp per US gallon. This will bring you up to .1%. Wait 12 hours and then repeat with another 1 tsp per gallon to bring you to .2%. Wait another 12 hours and add 1 more tsp per gallon to bring you up to the .3%.

Leave this in for 14 days. When you do water changes (which are going to be important since you are still cycling), replace only what you take out...so if you take out 5 gallons, replace 5 tsp of salt.

Dissolve the water in a bucket/freezer baggie of tank water...don't dump it right in the tank as it could burn your fish.

The salt will not only treat most parasites but will also help the fish deal with the stress of the nitrite.

Refer to this link for more info about cycling: http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/cycle.html

Also, keep close tabs on your parameters (test daily).

Do you have other fish in the tank? If so, you would want to move the sick one to a hospital tank if at all possible. No need to medicate everyone if not needed. Then you can get a anti-fungal treatment to help cure your fish. I've never had to deal with fungus before but most people on here seem to recommend Pimafix (not Melafix...). If that is available in your area, I would get it and treat according to the bottle directions

Archived