New Baby Shubunkin In Pond

Guest blondie

Guest blondie

Hi everyone. My pond is doing great this year. The water is staying clear as a bell and plants and fish are doing well. This weekend as I was tending the pond, I thought I saw something swim by,and sure enough, I have ONE baby fish. He is about two inches long. It was the first sign of him. What are the chances a fish layed only one egg? Maybe he is like Nemo. I will have to call him that! Hope everyone is enjoying their pond. Enjoy the summer! It's 99 degrees in CT. :D

Blondie

LOL NEMO!!!!!!!! Congrats on the new baby. I bet if you dug around in that pond you'd find some brothers and sisters. They don't grow at the same rate so you could have some smaller ones hiding out. They have thousands of eggs at a time so I am sure there has to be more. Your fish will eat most, but some do survive.

So happy to hear your enjoying your pond. Mine is too much work this year :( I'm thinking that there HAS to be a better way!

PICTURES?

Scott

so I am sure there has to be more. Your fish will eat most, but some do survive.

So happy to hear your enjoying your pond. Mine is too much work this year :( I'm thinking that there HAS to be a better way!

Scott

368158[/snapback]

A fish maid? :rofl3 Or I could send my hubby over - he loves to do pond cleaning and stuff.... :rolleyes:

Guest blondie

Well, I still only see one, but my husband thinks I clean all the "good" out and I probably cleaned up the eggs!!!! I keep looking, and all I see is one. I did name him NEMO, but I think its so strange he is a solo. I'll keep looking. HI TO ALL

Blondie

your husband may be right? Hopefully you have algae on the walls and bottom of the pond for Nemo to eat? They also eat other stuff in the pond but I think that is their main course.

Scott

Archived