China Doll

sandy

Sandy,

I just went on Yahoo and did a search for the china doll fish, went through bout 10 pages of them and coulden't seem to find anything?

Do you know where they orginated from? Have you ever seen one? I will keep diggin just wanted to let ya know that I was looking around for ya.... :rolleyes:

Okay I think I am on to something now....Here is what I have found so far.....

Scientific name: Anampses Neoguinaicus

Common Name: China Wrasse

But I think what I am pulling up may not be what you are looking for it says they are found in places like the Great barrier reef, Western pacific etc...There are some pics of it but it seems like a larger fish to me?....

no i have nothing more than that i'm afraid. beginning to think it doesnt exist or its called something else. ive tried looking for it too but cant get anything. thanks for looking though, appreciated :)

Sure not a problem, I can't think of anywhere else to look, I looked at a few sites but nothing really gives much info?...

I think maybe your right, maybe it goes by another name, or doesn't exsist!!

I dunno I will keep searching, now you got me on a mission to find this fish!!!!!...LOL ;)

My Moby is a Siamese Doll - or an albino telescope. And he has grown to the standard size for a telescope fish of his age.....

I, too, cannot find anything about a CHinese Doll.... I would be interested in knowing! :)

post-27-1122407908_thumb.jpg

lol, i have started something now. i too have heard of the siamese doll, maybe this is what they meant but it does grow as large as other fancies.

I did find the siamesse doll on some of the sites.....Maybe that is whats it's called then?

I found a pic of the china doll, but like I said above it seems to be a wild fish, found in oceans and such....I will find the site again and link it so you can see too....

I've had 2 siamese dolls in my lifetime, and frankly they were quite sickly, both got dropsy and died. Neither lived for more than a year. I've never had any other fish do this. Also they never grew at all from the day i bought them to the day they died and they werent in overcrowded/bad tanks either.

Oh, man! I am not going to sleep until I find this one! OK - FroggyD - we will work in shifts! :rofl I have often wondered why someone doesn't come up with a mini goldfish?! I am sure it has been tried! But, if we can discover this fish - we may have it! :D

ye si know these fish, they are veyr cute and tiny they have telescope eyes, and are a peach colour, i have seen them in our pet store quite often they arnt to expensive, but they look delicate. very sweet.

I've hunted all over myself for about a year now. I actually _saw_ some, unfortunatly the shop I saw them in closed down when I went back to actually buy! :( They had the tank labled as Baby Dolls though. The Note on the tank said:

I will never get any bigger....

I wanted those tiny goldies, they where cute! :heart

The only thing I came up on with search was the siamese dolls.... found one site that had baby dolls listed and they said they where siamese when I emailed them! :(

Looked to be fantails & telescopes both in tank..... all kinds of colors.

I just searched on this site (kokos) for china doll and a few different post came up, there are even some pics. The thing is some people called them china dolls and some called them siamese dolls so I dont know if there is a difference or not.

From what I can gather, the confusion of China Doll and Siamese Doll might be that Blackmoors are sometimes called Chinese Moors, which of course, have telescope eyes. The Siamese Dolls, which also have black variety*, have telescope like eyes! Maybe that's how the name gets confused... :idont

(* Like telescopes are telescopes unless they are black, then they are blackmoors).

I have read/heard varying things about their length - that they will get about as big as any fancy. I was told by one place that (used to) sell them, that they basically look like a telescope but that they have a variation in the eye stalk. Thanks for the picture! It looks like it is a not fully developed telescope eye?

I wrote to a breeder in Thailand - let's see if we get a response!

Archived