Is This Okay? Moving Fish To....

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

is this okay i'm moving a couple fish to another tank, the tank i'm moving them to has 7.8 ph and the one they are in now has 8.0 ph.....will this hurt them if i move them?

I wouldn't think so but if you feel that they are very suseptible to change acclimate them to the new tank they way you would from the store (Put them in a large plastic bag float it on top & add a bit of the new water to the bag every 15 min or so until the water is equalized & the fish is more adapted to it).

I would think though that for that small of a change in pH you should be fine. How are the temps of the two tanks? Are they close enough?

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

they are in the same room , so same temp....it is very close

water changes do make a difference rite?

Water changes always make a difference! :D (I'm just teasin' about actually changin' the water)

But seriously, that is a really small variation in pH. If you were closer to 7 I would be very cautious as that is too big of a drop in pH to make too quickly. Water temp also affects fish so it is best to try to raise temp slowly (or lower but raising is usually easier) maybe 1 degree per hour or so. Hopefully the other params are good (like ammonia & nitrite & nitrAte) so they won't be a factor in your decision.

Hope this helps. If I didn't answer this properly just post back again & I'll try again!

:D

Archived