I Got My New Fish ! Story Time !

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

:newfish Well i found out what happend to my other 6 comets in my pond :) They werent eaten ... days past and i found fish starting to float on top. My water was killing them. Our family friend Richie ( the guy with the pond) bought me 2 -2in koi yesturday to thank me for taking care of his animals while he was away. So I put them in my tank and they didnt look good. They were fine in the bag. He suprised me by putting the fish bag in my pond. I called to thank him and when i saw the koi agian they looked like they were dieing. It was only 10minutes ! so he said bring them in my pond fast. I did but they still died. So I found it was my water.. Maybe to many chemicals.. But anyway.. he said he'd buy me 2 agian later this week...

But today I emptyed my pond and cleaned it out and put new water with NO chemicals... Ill let Richie do that for me :D Well... I was home today and my dad went to pick up my mom from work and when they came home he was going to suprise me by 2 new KOI. Well i walked out while he was taking them out of the Petland bag. He was like Man Y did u have to walk out right Now? But then i saw them .. He kinda got the big ones... he got me the 3-4 inch ones.. I was like there kinda big dad. He goes there perfect. But he was SOOO EXCITED to get me them u can tell the expression on hes face... He got me a white one with orange patches and a all gold one ( i didnt want a all gold one ) he thought i said I wanted a all gold one but I said a calico one... I was like how can u get them confused.. he got upset ... but i told him the gold one was pretty and i liked it... I also told my mom to tell richie NOT TO BUY ME THE KOIS. Id be WAYYYY over crowded... well i'll take pics tommorrow.. there prettyy.... sry for it be SO long hope u enjoyed :heart

Guest LiL sTepHii 143
:lol1 Well my gold koi jumped out of the pond. We didnt see it until my dad came home. He was the one that noticed it. So we rinsed it off and went to the pet store and got a new one.. The lady was like u ph and ammonia are fine I cant see how it died :D well everyone lies..... couldnt tell her it jumped id have to pay for a new one.. i had to get another regular gold.. but now my white one is tailing my orange one...

I don't really think it's funny.Since your other koi jumped out you should try to save the next one from the same incident.And aren't you overcrowded?Koi need at least 200 gallons.(or was it 250?)

Real funny. So now you get even more fish for your 20 gallons so that they can jump out as well. These fish depend on YOU to give them a good home. They can't fend for themselves. Don't you feel the least bit guilty?

Just for your info this is a message board that people post on whom really care about their fish. There are message boards for people like yourself, it's not this one.

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

You know I dont think it is funny ... Who knows y it jumped out. I DO care about my fish and i do give it all it needs but I dont have the room for a 500 gallon pond like some of yous might have ... I think 250 gallon PER fish is WAY over what it needs (min). Everyone I told that has a pond thought it was crazy.. They say its 2 inches of fish per gallon and thats what Im going with... I mean yes they do need alot of room but im sure there happy if there PH , ammonia, ect. levels are fine and being fed food. Just because u people know more then me doesnt mean i need the snotty attitude .. just because im not fanatics like u's.

When put in a new invironment Koi will jump. It really didn't have anywhere to jump to than out. It is always a good idea to watch fish as close as possible when they are introduced into a new invironment (at least 24 hours).

You may 'think' that 250 gallons per fish is rediculous, and the experts that you talk to may 'think' the same thing. I would say that a 10 inch koi in a 20 gallon pond is inhuman and cruel. A fish that size would NOT be happy. Last year I had two 12 inch koi in 110 gallon hospital tank and they were NOT happy. But I could have put to more 12 inch fish in there (right?). I had a hard enough time with the water perameters with the two I could only imagine how two more would be.

I just call it the way I see it. If you want to take advice from someone because they are giving you the answer you like go ahead. Don't come in here and laugh about killing your fish and then buying more. We don't want to hear it. The best advice I can give you is do things the way you like and be happy. Your not going to get your answers here. Maybe in the future you might decide to buy a book on how to care for fish, might even find it useful, might not.

Scott

Steph,

We've all told you that the 20 gl is not even big enough for more then 2 goldies! :( You should also be testing with drop kits, and not accepting the lfs test strip results as they are in-adequate and give inaccurate readings!

Some koi are just jumpers, however, a small area confined is only promoting it more so!

I can accept that you didn't know about adding dechlor/ammonia binder, but you have been told. There's a lot more to having fish then just dropping them in water.

Water can kill in many way's, lack of oxygen, chlorine, ammonia, too many fish! :(

Even too much heat dureing the day can cause death.....

Fish also get disease and parasites, and more often then not, water is the cause.....

And what are you going to do with thede fish come winter? They need proper care to winter over properly as well or they will die!

Goldies are messy and koi are just more so.

Its not that anyone wants to discourage you from fishkeeping, far from it. Its the fact that one needs to do it properly or you only add to the kill rate.....

We want you to have happy & healthy fish and a good experience!

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

My fish are fine .. there always near each other. Im going to buy a heater for the winter. I added the chemicals in and there fine. My pond is doing well.

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

well i found out i have a koi and a comet not 2 koi =] I'll think about that when they start growing..... maybe ill get a bigger pond.. just gotta beg my parents

If you get snow at all, its not going to work, a AQ heater is not adequate and the depth needs to be three and half feet deep minimum for either to survive!

AQ heaters are not meant to be used outside through rainy snowy weather.

• 1 month later...
Guest Girl Nerd

:o It's SOOOOOOOOOOO NOT FUNNY!!!!! I'm crazy about my fish and if 1 of mine died i wouldn't be laughing about it! There my family and i love all 5 of them equaly! AND i love fish so much i'm getting 3 more, And even befor i buy 1 fish i check if i have anough room which you DO NOT! YOU SHOULD BE A SHAMED!

:angry: Girl Nerd

Archived