My Sweet Little Moore...

Guest Saturn2000

Guest Saturn2000

I was presoaking my goldies food and i noticed that my moore has a fluffly white growth on his tail fin, does anyone know what this could be? i know it cant be good. but he seems healthy and lively. Anyways, i would appreciate any help i can get for him, i love him dearly. thanks everyone.

-Tyler

:heart Hello~

I had the same thing happen to me with my calico, although I didn't recognize it for what it was because I though he was just turning more white...I hate to tell you but it sounds like fungus to me. I would start you moor on a 7 day round of Pima Fix which you can get at your local petstore. Usually it's the cottony look that differentiates it from the other possibilities...Is he he in the tank with other fish, or is he by himself?...Because if he has tank mates, I woiuld put him in a quarentine tank by himself to treat. No need to treat the little ones that don't have the problem. Good Luck and keep us posted...

P.S.

The other thing I did that helped was to swap the affected area with some iodine...which you can get at your drug store...and that helps to fight the bacteria side of it to while you're treating him. By the way I made the rookie mistake of mixing up MELA fix and PIMA fix; LOL, you may not be as dumb as I am, but I thought I'd warn you...that's how I lost my little Freckles. By the time I realized what I had done the fungus had spread too fast. It was weird she was fine up until the last, like, 12 hours and then she just went downhill so fast. But you're lucky it sounds like there's just a bit. I think you caught it in time. Just get to your Petstore ASAP! Good Luck! :heart

It would be very helpful if you could answer all the questions asked above. This will give us a better handle on what is going on. Often to just treat a fish without knowing the whole story can be dangerous.

Archived