Pics

fisharenewtome

OK - I have to admist I'm not the best at this so I maight have to do a different post for each one!

Here's our newest (not quite yet names - he is my youngest's new fish (after we lost Bubba)

(She was going to name him King but I think it has been changing minute by minute! :rofl )

post-3143-1122339503_thumb.jpg

Awww - thanks! :heart

Sadly -In over a year I have found no way to get rid of the super rot (& I have tried everything short of surgery ) You live with it & manage it, but there (so far) has been no cure.

I also have a different set of turkey basters (that's what I use to syphon my tanks) & cleaning cups for each tank (I cross contaminated once & let's just say I now have 6 basters & I will be tossing Bubba's as he brought the rot into the house.)

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ah Jenn.....My little Shim....Tugs at the :heart Did he keep the pretty colorong of blue that he had? It's hard to tell in the pic.anyway---I'm so glad to see him! As for King??? and Swirly,they are both gorgeous!!!! You've learned well! Almost too well!!! How many tank's now? :lol:

Beautiful! The new guy, Swirly, Shim ( :teehee - I love that name) and Princess Pat - what a crew! Velcro your power cord to the camera case as we'll need more pics of those lovlies! I really hope the fin-rot will eventually be healed :heart .

Awww - thanks everybody!

Shim's got a bit more blue but it grew out alot as he got bigger. He also developed more red (Go figure!) I'll have to try to take better pics. He really scoots around when I try to take pics (I get more fishy butt from him!) (We still all love him though - the girls are excited when people come over 'cause they remember him when he was so small!)

The Rot has been around since I got my first betta. I have learned to live with it (or at least not be so freaked out all the time!) I wish I knew how to get rid of it (although I REALLY wish I hadn't cross contaminated my tanks way back when!)

Sigh...

But still ....it hasn't stopped me from getting my fishies! :yeah:

(Hey Sharon - so I've only got 6 running tanks & 3 in the basement - what...think that makes me addicted??? :rofl Remember when I just had that 2 gal? - Check out my recent pics of Bacon in Members photos & picture him (& Nikki for that matter) in Shim's tank. Hard to believe that lps thought they would fit! :rofl

Archived