Betta Obesity

magickzzl

ok, so I just went to take some picts of my moms betta, Essy, and OMG she's fat! I almost fell over laughing! he's ROUND! like a sausage! soo eeerr... Im going to mention to my mom she *may* be over feeding.... How do you make a betta weight watchers without stressing them?

Im getting some picts of the... sausage.. now. XD she went from scrawny to pudgy in 1.5 months! a record!

What & how much is she feeding her betta. It is not good to overfeed them. I always try to keep the idea that their stomach size=the size of their eye in mind when feeding.

You don't want a constipation battle! (We have heard of people loosing their fish over this & your mom sounds like she really is enjoying her fish!!)

:D

A sausage, how funny! My only sausage is one of my goldies. If your mom feeds her betta two times a day, suggest she cut back to only feeding once a day. One of my boys was getting pretty big and since I've started feeding once a day, they've started looking a lot better. Sorry I don't have pics to show you what I mean.

But your mom's fish sounds cute. :happydance

she only feeds her once a day.. but she puts food in untill she just stops eating... which is ALOT! plus she's been giving her frozen foods and all... I'll tell her once again to cut back! XD

Archived