Bettas And Raccoons = Lethal!

Anic

I had a white Betta with red and green speckles on his fins. He was beautiful.

Anyway, we have a raccoon that we've raised from a baby. Well, he got into my room where all of my fish are. (Currently 2 male Bettas and some goldfish.) When I found him, his hands were in Victor's bowl and Victor was nowhere to be found :angry: . I freaked and the raccoon got the smacking of his life. I found Victor a minute later UNDER my TV. He was cut up pretty bad :( . I honestly didn't think he would make it past a few days. But he lived a few more months on my top shelf where I hoped the raccoon couldn't reach him. Then, once he was completely healed the raccoon got ahold of him again!! Unforunatly, he didn't make it longer than three weeks. :cry

The moral of the story is to keep anything with claws out of the fish room!

I posted this so nothing happens to any other fish like what happened to my poor baby Victor.

Thank you for reading this!!

The thing is, the raccoon won't eat fish, he just wants to play with them. He will actually get on top of the hood on my 10 gal and stick his hands in the filter.

Guest Chishower

o.o raccoon? I feel bad for the betta, but...you get to own a raccoon? Thats awesome.

I dont have a cat for that reason.

We don't own him. We take orphaned animals and raise them. Once they're old enough, we turn them loose. Although I don't think the one we have know will willingly go. He's really cute, I wish I had a pic of him....

im so sorry :( My rats will try and "fish" when Im not looking.. But once hey hear "What do you think your doing!" they scatter like.... rats... XD

Archived