Best Deals For Aquariums?

maries

Hi guys,

I'm addicted to fish but tight on the $$.. :blink: Hubby probably thinks I spend enough on my fish but hey he can live with it ;) Any ideas of what kinds of stores or websites have the best deals on aquariums with almost everything included (filter, etc..). (I'm in southern California, if anybody is from here and knows of any local ones, feedback would be great)

Thanks again :D

Hey...

Try craigslist.com or E-BAY, but E-BAY has a lot of local pick-ups only.... I get the Dr.Fosters and Smith fish catalog there are sales in there from time to time, garage sales, newspaper, other members have tanks for sale from time to time also, Big Al's on-line store..... :hmm Thats all that comes to mind at the moment.....Good luck with the search..... What size are you looking for?

Ditto, FroggyD! Craiglist is great becasue it is local so often times you can see it before buying, no shipping charges (ugh, can you imagine the shipping for a tank over ten gallons)! And, lots of people decide fishkeeping is too big of a hobby or they are moving or their significant other is allergic to fish :blink: (I heard that once :rofl ) so they give up the while lot for a decent price).

But, make sure you have a big enough filter for goldies becasue the ones that come with a typical tropical set-up are usually not strong enough for goldfish keeping. You could still find another one Craiglist! Or your local paper, penny saver, and garage sales...

BTW - my husband took a while to come around to my new hobby! But, he is getting ther - Big Al's is staple for fishheads! But, I get all my stuff from Aquarium Guys - I find the site more manageable but that their prices are extremely competitive - and they have the BEST customer service I've seen in a long time!

Tell us all about it when you find the perfect tank and get that :newfish !

:welcome

Archived