Poor Man's Dosing Drops?

MaudlinBlithe

bought a sickly lookin' java fern.... want to feed it. it says it's hungry and that I should come here and ask you for poop man's dosing drops. That plant says it's the best...

Okay, j/k about the plant talking to me...

but really, I do need that recipe....

:0)

Liquid fertilizer maybe? Or put the plant into a bucket with water, in which you just rinsed the filter's sponge. Now, if that isn't pure plant food, I don't know what is... :lol:

Here is the recipe for PMDD

The ingredients are available from most hydroponics stores.

1 tbsp. chelated trace element mix (I use Plant-Prod Chelated Micronutrient Mix)

2 tbsp. K2S04 (potassium sulfate)

2 tbsp. KN03 (potassium nitrate)

1 tbsp MgS04.7H20 (fully hydrated magnesium sulfate, aka epsom salts) This is optional, omit if it is in trace element mix or if your water is high in magnesium.

p.s. I don't use epsom salts

300 ml distilled water

Dissolve the trace element mix in 150 ml distilled water, then add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour in additional 150 ml water.

I have experimented with the dosage, but right now I am using 1 ml per day for a 66 gallon tank of rapidly growing plants.

If your tank has a high nitrate level, you can leave out the potassium nitrate. My tank never shows a nitrate level.

I bought the ingredients for this mixture over two years ago, for approx. $15 Cdn. and I still have enough for a couple of more batches.

Please feel free to ask questions

Archived