Meet Margaret

Guest Chishower

Guest Chishower

Two days after we moved in, my grandfather took me to wal mart. They had these little bitty inch long females, I figure some breeder brought them in. Well, nobody was there to say no...so I grabbed Margaret, a bowl, and got them. She is the meanest little thing I have ever seen! She is so vicious about grabbing her pellets that she overshoots and misses, and smacks into the bottom trying to grab them, and she tried to attack my father when he went to get his keys. I love her already.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/chis...et/P1000560.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/chis...et/P1000563.jpg

What are YOU looking at?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/chis...et/P1000562.jpg

Guest yabbie

Ummm... are you sure that's not a young male plakat?

Margaret could be a Marvin (pet shops muddle them up all the time).

It's just she's pretty colourful for a young female and has a nice set of ventrals. Don't be surprised if she starts flaring and building bubblenests.

Guest Chishower

I am 98% sure she is a she, because she has an egg spot. You just cant see it in the pictures. :) Of course, I have heard of males also having egg spots, so you never know....

she's so pretty! In about 2 weeks, post some new picts! i bet she gains a load of color :)

My local nnnnnn carries girls to... thats where my mom "rescued" Esmerelda. she was so stressed she was grey, laying kinda listless on the bottom.. i though she was dead.. and when she wasnt, my mom says to me, "Well, I DO need a new betta for me tank...." Just after we had had a loooong conversation about how she has to many responcabilities, and i need to not bring anything else home... XD Essy is so pretty now though!

Congrats!

Guest Chishower

Darling is fine..a little fat, but fine. All the bettas made it through the move with no problems at all. I thought she looked like darling as well, just with red in her fins. Hmmm

:) Margaret is a feisty little thing,eh??? Reminds me of one I lost back in August/September,who was my favorite, "Elizabeth".I loved that little girl! She use to sit right next to me,and when you went to feed her Bloodworms,she would literally jump out of the water to take it out of your fingers! :lol: I sure miss that little girl..... :heart Your Margaret is pretty! Good luck with her!

But I have honestly never seen a betta this mean before.

:rofl Then she must be girl! (JK - I am one, too)!

CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition, Margaret! She looks like a piece of candy! I have never seen those pastel colors before... please do put some more pix. as she grows!

I am glad to hear that Darling is all better!

(Shim, that's great)!

She use to sit right next to me,and when you went to feed her Bloodworms,she would literally jump out of the water to take it out of your fingers!

371068[/snapback]

My Orchard does that :) He is never patient for his food, and will eat anything with gusto, including generic brand tropical flake. I'm confident he'd eat anything that fell in the tank. When he jumps to get the food he usually just ends up chomping down on my fingers but he does it everytime anyways :)

Archived