Feeding Goldfish

MaudlinBlithe

How many minutes do you let your fish eat, no matter what type of food it is?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How many minutes do you let your fish eat, no matter what type of food it is?

• 5 minutes
    • 4 minutes
    • 3 minutes
    • 2 minutes

I really don't time them, but I would say they are done at 5 mins. I give them about the same amount every time. I let them get their mouths full to busting and then put in a little extra for picking at once they get it swallowed. I have watched once before to make sure the amount I gave them wasn't too much and they were done well within the 5 mins time frame. :)

I just give my fish one pinch of flake and either some blood worms or an algea disk in the morning and at night because they eat too fast. Little piggies! :pigs But I love them! :wub:

:happydance

I don't time mine. I feed twice daily (once or twice weekly I skip a mornning feeding) I feed a pinch of different foods (flakes, crumbles, pellets & floating pellets Sometimes I add chopped veggies or fruit.

I like to give them some flakes & while they are eating I drop in sinking foods in various places so that they have food to find while they are poking around all over the tank throughout the day. :exactly

Guest Abrienna
I don't time mine. I feed twice daily (once or twice weekly I skip a mornning feeding) I feed a pinch of different foods (flakes, crumbles, pellets & floating pellets Sometimes I add chopped veggies or fruit.

I like to give them some flakes & while they are eating I drop in sinking foods in various places so that they have food to find while they are poking around all over the tank throughout the day.

I feed mine pretty much the same way as Jeana. I also give them a Wardley Tubifex Worm cube once a week.

Abrienna

So far I have been just doing a little flake food in the morning and a little in the evening - though now i see that it's important to get a variety thing going. Any suggestions on what fantails and shubbies like? :)

Guest Chishower

I give mine two or three little pellets each twice a day, and throw in some bloodworms, fruits, veggies, and either an algea wafer or a krill.

Rain, just raid the fridge and see what kinds of things they like. Mine like broccoli (but its sooo messy) and cucumbers.

:exactly Yep, every week or so I add some tubifex worms (I keep the dried kind)

I used to go to a petstore that had Live brine shrimp!! Man...fishies go nuts for those things! But now I don't know anywhere that offers live fish food :crp

I give 'em about 4 minutes but I put sinking pellets that they find all through out the day so I don't worry about them too much! :lol:

I give a pinch of spirulina flakes most of the time in the morning, then I vary it in the evening by putting less spirulina and adding a few sinking pellets like ProGold, shrimp pellets, or freeze fried krill. Sometimes he gets a brine or bloodworm treat! But, GN hates lettuce! Occasionally he'll chomp on a cucumber but he loves his peas! I just stick to the amount of food - how fast he Hoover's it up is up to him! So, I voted 2 minutes because i doubt if it ever lasts longer than that! :rofl

Archived