New Tank/fish

So either Wendsday/Thursday I join the big tank league. Can you believe I found a 55 gallon glass tank with hood/lights for $55 on craigslist!? That's insane, but in a good way. Ah, forgive me for being so excited but I'm just that. Now I won't have to upgrade EVER untill the goldies get too huge, but hopefully that's not going to be anytime soon.

With a new tank comes :newfish . We went to the San jose Flea Market today (90+*F there, ouch!) and I didn't know they had such cute goldfish! One guy was selling a HUGE 7 inch Black Moor for $30 too much, but then this older woman had Moors and Pearscales misslabeled as "Arandas" for $2.00. She was really nice though, I picked up a Pear and a Moor and she gave me a discount ($3.00) and told me too not over feed the "white aranda" because it's already so fat and she doesn't know why. :rolleyes: Haha, I couldn't tell her they were Pearls, she was so persistant with calling them "arandas" I gave up.

Right now they're in a temp. QT I can't find my 10 for some reason. :( but they'll hopefully be ok for tonight.

This is Pudge.

Newfishies004.jpg

S/he hasn't got a name yet.

Newfishies003.jpg

Both!

Newfishies005.jpg

Ah, they're barely 1 1/2 inch! With the new 55 I'm sure the bigger guys won't bully them. They're all sweet hearts. Dusty, De Jacamo, and Gypsy(Zorro) should get along great with Pudge and the Moor in 55 gallons right?

When you get big tanks it's over whelming! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself till Wedsday. :lol:

Guest Chishower

Awwwww! They are so cute! I love pearlscales.

I am also getting a 55 gallon, but I am shelling out the 150 for the one at wal mart w/ all the stuff. Ouch.

I hope the bigger fishies are nice to the new little dears.

Cute little guys/gals Tam!! WOOT!! how exciting.... :bounce

Good price too, can't beat that!! Sounds like you had a good week!!

Well good luck with your new fish, I think your moor looks like a Marge to me for some reason?....exucuse my weirdness tonight....LOL :P

Anyhow congrats on the fish and the tank!!

:) Thanks everyone! I can't wait any longer, we had to move the delivery to Saturday but that's ok.

Good gosh, I've realised it's going to be so bare, the only decorations are my tiny little driftwood, like five tiny litte plants and lots of assorted river stones/rocks.

Pictures on saturday for everyone!

Just let me know how many, of what kind and size hun. :) I'm hoping we go next summer, Christmas looks like it's out because 6 kids would have to start over in mid-semester and the parents don't want that.

Archived