Jump to content

Question!


Anic

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

Salt is like the universal healer, it can take care of almost anything.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...?showtopic=8382 This can explain it better than I can. As of ick, they are timy parasites, it can be lethal if not taken care of.

Ick

Ichtyopthirius is the most common of all the diseases. It is actually a parasite that attaches to the goldfish when they are stressed. When they attach themselves they are feeding off the goldfish, they look like little grains of salt. After a day or two they fall off the goldfish, landing in the gravel. They procede to lay their eggs and then the cycle starts all over again. This can be deadly if not taken care of and they will rapidly reproduce. Credit goes to KGW, disease section. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Salt will cause a huge influx of water into the parasite's cells, swelling causes the cellular membranes to rupture, jilling the parasite but not your fish becasue it is a much more complex organism. If you put salt on a slug, it dies, if you put the same amount of salt on your arm, nothing happens!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ElliotOranda

just a side note.. I moved and had to re cycle both of my tanks. After a lot of salt research I learned how to use it and it has saved my fish's life many times. It really is a cure all. I have never found a "tank size" test kit, but a salt test kit for ponds works very well. You just have to adapt it slightly. The test kit helped me to measure perfectly. and to feel safe raising the salt levels when my fish are ill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...