Stocking The 10 Gallon

Kissy

I've got a ten gallon right now, and I plan to eventually have 6 black neon tetras and 3 cories in there. I was told that it would all work out if I had enough filtration. Right now I've got a crappy little topfin that is practically broken, but I might be getting a 150 aquaclear for smack :) This is definately enough filtration, but will the current be too strong for the little guys? Thanks

if you get the filter and find its too fast then use something like an ornament or plastic plants to stand in front of it to block the flow a bit. neons dont mind the faster flow and hopefully there should be a few sweet spots that the fish can sleep in.

Hi Kissy,

i have a AC200 on my 10 gal. and all is well. I am sure the 150 will be just fine. Nice choice of fish. I have 4 black neon tetras and 4 corys along with some other small fish. Yes, I am overstocked . i make sure I keep up with the water changes and check the water parameters often. But all is well.

Please post some pics soon. :D

Yay :) I have to get money, get a filter, get ammonia (probably the hardest part. I swear they don't sell it here!) and cycle the quarentine tank before I get any of those tropicals first. I promise I'll have pics eventually, but it will be a couple months lol. Should I get the four tetras and add them to the tank first, and then the three cories later so I don't overload the bio system? Or would it be okay adding them all at once after quarentine? Its only cycled for two black neons.

Sounds like a plan! I hope you get your filter soon - and then the fish! YEAH!!!

I can't bear to think of you as fishless! (Oh yeah, you have two now, right - that's not enough)!

I am not sure if you could use it but I have a bottle of liquid Miracle grow - which is basically ammonia - it's not very expensive and you can buy it in a hardware store, a plant store, maybe a flower shop, or even a drugstore or grocery store. Who knows, maybe you have some in the house!

Here's the ingrediants if one of the of the experts can weigh in on whether it's safe to use in a tank:

TOTAL NITROGEN - 8 %

1.2% Ammoniacal nitorgen

1.2% Nitrate Nitrogen

5.6% Urea Nitrogen

Available phosphate - 7%

Soluble Potash - 6%

Iron - 0.10% (chelated)

Derived from Ammonium Phosphate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Urea, Iron HEDTA.

Just wondering if that might work... :idont

Archived