Rubbermaid Tubs Bowing

Kissy

I plan on making a 15-20 gallon rubbermaid into a quarentine tank soon. It will be a quarentine tank for a long time, as I am going to be filling up a tropical ten gallon and a golide 29 gallon. After Its all done being a quarentine tank, I want to turn it into a home for a comet.

I'm not really sure what to do with the bowing tho...I think building a frame out of wood would be too hard and I wouldn't be able to get the supplies. A bungee cord is a maybe...could I stick the tub inside another tub? I've got plenty lol. I want it to look discreet because I will most likely be sneaking it into college with me :) Thanks!

Guest Abrienna

I use a large Rubermaid tote (50 gallon I think) as a temp pond for about 2-3 weeks at the end of every school year. The bungee cords work fine for me...

Abrienna

My 200g bows a little but I have seen one that was extremely bowed. Next time I saw it, it had been moved and was not bowing anymore so I think a level surface is important to minimise bowing. Also don't have the water level too high. Aim for 80% full of water and that should also reduce bowing.

Archived