Neon Tetras

fishermoe14

the goldies would see them as food and will chase them round and try to eat them. neons are fast but its a chance you will have to take if you decide to go ahead. i had white cloud minnows with my fancies and they didnt chase them because they had grown with them so its hard to say what will happen. the temp of the water will have to be tropical. you will need quite a big group so the neons will feel safe.

the temp is fine, and they require more in swimming room rather than gallon size as they dont really add anything to the system, but 6 would be a good number. just remember to quarantine them first and as long as your system is more than six months old they should be fine. just a word of warning though, big fish will eat little fish. what do you plan on feeding them as they need tropical flake in the diet?

depends how long ago he had the angels, i would buy new flakes. make sure the tank has plenty of hiding places such as fake plants.

• Admin

the other problem with Tetras is the they need more soft water than the goldfish needs.....Dont think Tetras and Goldfish should be placed to gether :(

it didn't go well at all :( 4 of them got eaten by my goldies in one day then i decided to put them in with my comets in a rubbermaid. so far they seem to be ok but i dont know. i should never have bought them in the first place.

Archived