Oh Man

i have story to share.. just how wonderful this (most likely out of date) 'diseasolve' medication is!

i had a very sick fishy last night.. i came home (from a karate grading, got my yellow belt wooh!) anyway yea i came home to find Tuesday flapping about with all her fins clamped and white hairy stuff all over her! i freaked!!! she was fine in the morning.. well i got a bucket and filled it with aquarium water.. added some salt and this diseasolve stuff i have, it treats pretty much everything and i found it in my garage after my mum quit fishkeeping (she has two corys left tho) then i put her in the bucket for the night (the fish not my mum :rofl ) she was just sat on the bottom gasping for a while and i really thought she was going to die.. i sayed up lot of the night sat on the floor by the bucket, till she fell asleep.. then i feel asleep.. i woke up thismorning to find her dancing around as usuall, eating my fingers, which she wasnt doing last night.. fins displayed and searching in the gravel again... this stuff is a mirical!

shes still in the medication bucket at the moment.. do you think i should leave her there for this night also just to make sure shes ok.. im not sure if the white fur has gone as i cant see through the sides of the bucket!! and the water is very green full of medication etc.

i might put Mouschi in there over night aswel to make sure she is free of it too.. then put them both back in the tank tomorrow when im sure everythings fine.. what do you guys think?

REmember, your fish is still eliminating and could easily foul the water in the medication bucket. A high ammonia concentration in the medication bucket could undo all the good you did with the meds.....

REmember, your fish is still eliminating and could easily foul the water in the medication bucket. A high ammonia concentration in the medication bucket could undo all the good you did with the meds.....

366871[/snapback]

yea im not feeding her much just a couple of flakes and i put one of the filters from the main tank in there so it should be ok

Wow,thats is pretty good.Was it tank buddies fungus cure?I know it turns the water green and I've used it before ^_^

366867[/snapback]

no its called Diseasolve, its a treatment for disinfecting live foods and pretty much any infection or parasite in fish, i think it says its especially for goldfish.. its just i have no idea how old it is! it could be pretty out of date, i cant find an expiary date on it but it only seems to be doing good things for my fish, so hey! :yeah:

Hope your fish is doing lots better. But I am wonderin' what in the heck attacked that fish THAT fast???? Any ideas? :huh:

Many common diseases can attack fish very quickly and cause death within 24 hrs. It depends on the virulity of the particular strain.

I'm pleased your fish seems to be improving and I would recommend that you continue treatment for another day or so until you feel sure. I agree with Daryl that the bucket will go foul very quickly, it is not necessary to feed them anything and it will still go foul from poop, respiration, etc. I would be a good idea to do a 100% water change each day for as long as the fish is in the bucket.

sad to hear the bad news, good to read that she is doing better...I was going to suggest that you do particial water changes and a filter or at least some for or aeration, but I think you have that under control, was also goign to say that you keep here in there for about 2-3 days and to monitor the water quality. Good luck, look forward to reading her safe return to home

rightyho.. my mum suggested i treat the tank and put her back in there so i did.. she seems fine except the fury stuff hasnt completely gone.. my mum said it was probably velvet.. so im not just treating the tank and everything till everyones fine!

:monkey << what a cool monkey!

Archived