What Colour Are Blackmoors?

Guest Bigphil

Guest Bigphil

I know I keep saying it but as a new fish carer I do feel a bit ignorant! I seem to be asking questions that will apear so rediculously obvious to most of you.

I assumed that Blackmorrs were always, well... black! But rescently someone posted a picture of thier's that was compltely orange. Did they accidently post the wrong photo? Or is this normal and the "Black" in the name is not really to do with he colour.

Oh I do feel so silly! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Guest Chishower

Black is a very unstable color in fish, so I think it was black as a baby and changed into an Orange telescope. Black moor is just a fancy way of saying black telescope. :)

My avatar photo is my blackmoore George. He turned orange years ago, it happens to them a lot :D I've heard it can be caused by temperature changes, but I'm not sure what makes them change color really.

No question you can come up with will be too silly! Most of us didn't know these things until we or someone else asked them. ;) I have also seen other's moors change color. My blackie is still very black and I'm hoping he stays that way. Like Chishower said, black is the most unstable color for goldfish. I had a black and orange oranda that ended up with no black at all after a few months. Go figure! :)

Everything I know, I learned here! I was absolutley clueless when I got Graham Norton - my little orange blackmoor! He changed 100% to orange! It may happen, it may not - I don't know why they give Blackmoors a special name as telescopes becasue so many of them do change colors... :blink:

Maybe you will get a surprise! :D

PS - I like your dancing mouse avatar!

Archived