Crazy Fish Incident

Jeana727

I woke up early this morning & decided to crusie the internet. So while I was cruisin' I kept hearing this thump, thump, thump coming from the fish tank. (I thought it was this new shell I had added that sort of thumps if it gets pushed, by the "bull dozers", too close to the bubble wall.) So I go over & turn on the light & scan the tank. All fish zoom forward ( as usual ) except I see no Big Boy (the star of my tank). I am freaking out :krazy: looking for a big ole Red Oranda....when I see a fin sticking out of the fake log that holds a large plant. Connected to the tail fin BIG BOY!!! He had managed to get his big fat self into the log but couldn't back out!! I lifted it up & he swam out.

I fed him a Cheerio & chuck of banana (food always soothes me!....don't go there)

Big Boy is fine.............I think I will be ok later! :yeah:

Ooopss that was supposed to be titled CRAZY Fish Incident (Not CRAY Fish)......my Z sticks!! :blink:

lol i was reading your story and i was thinking maybe somehow your oranda was taken by a cray fish, thankgod that didnt happen lol but poor baby got stuck did he, i bet he wont be doing that again.

lol i  was reading your story and i was thinking maybe somehow your oranda was taken by a cray fish, thankgod  that didnt happen lol    but poor baby got stuck did he, i bet he wont be doing that again.

366824[/snapback]

exactly what i was thinking! lol

I was kind of afraid to read this thread at first... I thought there was some sort of horrible pinching catastrophe going on... glad he's okay and that there were no shellfish involved. :)

Wow that would be frightening! I hope I never have to look at my tank and realize one of my fish is missing!

Out of curiosity, Jeana, how big is Big Boy and how big is the opening of the log?

Scary! I am glad Big Boy is OK! Hope you recover soon, too. ( I woulda passed out)! Thanks for the reminder to check everything thoroughly - it's like they are permanently two years old! :rofl

Big Boy is a good 3 inches (not counting tailfin) and the log is probably 5 inches long (it looks like a log cut in half & has a hole in it. I let a plant grow through the hole. It looks neat. Now I have placed a couple of rocks under it making the opening bigger. I thought maybe Big Boy wants a cave. My daughter has a goldie that gets inside a little house every night!

I haven't seen Big Boy go near it lately. But he doesn't really seem scared so I might cancel the shrink visit for him, although mine is still standing!! :rofl

Archived