Holy Cow

smack536

I went up to my LFS today to order my new tank...i had planned on a 90 gallon....but apparently, 90 gallons are made outta 'plate glass' insted of just plain glass or tempered glass....and the price DOUBLES! from the 75 gallon...so..im back to the drawing board...

is a 75 gallon gonna be alright as a permenant home for 7 pretty good size fancies?

or should i just jump all the way to the 125 which is $300, but seems more worth it then $210 for the 90 and its just 4 inches taller then the 75 which is only $100

the entire package of lights, canopy, tank for the 125 will end up at around $600, but for the 75, it would end up aorund $300. is this worth it?

could i comfortably keep all 11 of my goldies permenantly in the 125?

tough call.... i would say either go for the 75 or the 125.. the 90 seems like a waste if for not that much more you can get a much bigger tank! what would look good in your space?

Dang, they just won't make it easy for us, huh? It is a tough choice between the 75 and 125....the 90 would be out in my book. How long is the 125? Or for the same money....would you have enough room for two 75 gallons? (if you would want to even keep 2 of them) That would give you 25 more gallons=2 more fish! :lol:

Like I said, they just don't price this stuff right! I mean try getting a hood for a cheap 10 gallon! The hood alone is more than the complete set up! :krazy:

Amen to that - why do they soak you on the hood?! And then they do not include the light bulb :rofl , I mean :angry: !

Let's see - how determined are you to have them all in one tank? How many are they distributed in now? WOuld buying the kit to outfit two 75 gallons cost more/as much as the 125g total set-up? Those are the things I would be thinking.

I think I would bite the bullet, personally, as I would rather do it once and get it done once and for all!

On the other hand, in time, the two 75 would give you more versatility if you wanted to make changes (moving, adding/reducing number of fish, etc).

Archived