Guess What Happened Today!

Anic

Now, I'm not excited because there was a rock stuck, I was actually panicking when I noticed ( his mouth looked funny ) and I got real close to the tank to double-check and there was a tan rock stuck back near where his gills would be. I put some water in a 1 gallon tank that I had some tiny fish and tadpoles in last year so it would be easier to get it out of his mouth. Well, I caught him and I put the little tank in the sunlight so I could see and....he spit it out!!! Oh, I was so relieved. :heart

I was so happy. My 10 year old sister thinks I'm crazy now. She said: "Why are you getting so excited over a stupid fish?" I almost smacked her. But anyway. I just wanted to tell everyone the good news!!!

:nana

I was so happy. My 10 year old sister thinks I'm crazy now. She said: "Why are you getting so excited over a stupid fish?"  I almost smacked her. But anyway. I just wanted to tell everyone the good news!!!

366659[/snapback]

:rofl I know! People just don't get it... I wish goldie was contagious!

I am SO hapy to hear that the fish was ok! I am (finally) removing all GN mouth-sized rocks tomorrow - I couldn't handle the scare! You were smart not to panic and fishy is now well for it! :D

My fish once nearly choked on a pea, but it must have been terrifying to see your fish with a rock in it's mouth! It's great that you didn't panic; I probably would have!

"People just don't get it... I wish goldie was contagious!"

It can be, but some people just have a natural immunity to it, sadly.

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

man my fish get like 2 small rocks in their mouth and just spit it out, man i need bigger rocks

thats a common problem and I think most of us goldie lovers have experienced that one time or another. I was afraid that one of my babies goldfish was going to choke on the pepples in my old tank, so I ended up getting bigger ones...now, he can only get one in at a time, the bigger fish like to get 3-5 in...but they are experienced...lol

And my mom is always saying that goldfish are all alike, how can you tell them apart...lol

"I'm glad goldfish aren't contagious to everyone! Think of all the poor fishies."

That's very true. Just interesting how some people refuse to have anything to do with them. Anyway...

Lol yah, I do find that very interesting. My mom dosn't want anything to do with pets, and says she hates anything in water. But then there are people who like fish and have some of their own, but everytime someone mentions "goldfish" they make a face and say "EW". I don't get it...how are golfish "ew?"

Archived