Hes A Boy !

Kev

ok guys, not been about much because my girlfriend took me on a suprise holiday for my birthday, i brought a panda and an oranda back with me, as the pandas are soooooooooo rare here.

okay so they made the journey fine, was fine last night when i put them into the tank, i wake up this morning and find my huge shubby.... who i ALWAYS thought was female...... has breeding tubercules, my panda is sat in the corner a little mopy (but still a little piggy for food) and has a torn tail with some red patches on it and also on one of her pectoral fins. none of my other fish are showing signs breeding tubercules, though i have several fish big enough too....

the oranda i also put in... is very active though has a strange shape, almost like a corner instead of rounded on one side.... though the oranda im speaking of eat LOADSSSSS of pellets at feeding so maybe just super piggy ?

ill try to post pics later, have added melafix for the torn fin.....

and i shall try to post pics soon, just about to test water but normally 0 amo and 0 nitrites

okay guys ammonia still 0 nitrites still 0 nitrates 25mg/l (thats no water change for a week).... im confooooooooosed :(

okay so it was deffo breeding with the panda, saw chasing today and they chased her so bad that she tore the other half of her tail and also damaged her eye.... luckily i think its just a small cut and isnt on the front of her eye so should heal okay, put her in her own tiny tank which i have just bought for any spawn that was produced..... its only got a small foam filter thing and isnt cycled but is full of cycled water and im going to place some mature foam in there later.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

as for the other fish with the large belly/bum on one side im still not sure.......... possibly brewing eggs...

Archived