Plastice Storage Tubs

Guest d1greenfish

Guest d1greenfish

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew if the plastic tubs made by sterilite are fish safe? I know that the ones made by Rubbermade are, but i like the semi-translucent color offered by Sterilite brand. But of course I dun wanna put my fish in one if its gonna make 'em sick. Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the brand 'sterilite', do they claim to be sterile and non-toxic?

A good guideline is if the container claims to be safe for food storage it should be safe for goldies.

That is an excellent answer, Fishmerized! :D Typically Sterilite brand translucent tubs are excellent for keeping fish. They do tend to be a bit more brittle than the RUbbermaid tubs and because of this have more potential to cracking if subjected to shear force, so you need to treat them a mite more delicately. They also do not hold up to sunlight as long or as well as the Rubbermaid. But in indoor, static conditions, they are fine. They do not leach plasticizers into your water.

I like them too, for they give a lot more light to the fish and the enclosure! :)

Archived