My Goldfish Eat My Algae Disks!

Anic

Every time I feed my fish at night I drop an algae disk in there for my pleco. Why do my fish eat it? I know goldfish are pigs, but geez!!

Could anyone shed some light on it?

:nana

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Mine does that to lol ... they are pigs they will eat almost anything.. just throw it in when ur feeding ur fish on the OTHER side of the tank . The pleco will find it .. Thats what I do .. :)

Spirilina flakes are algae. The goldies love 'em. They also love to munch the green algae off the back and bottom of the tanks. If I have particularly lush growth on the glass under the light, I scrape it off and drop it into the tank and they chow down. It is all much the same. The algae disks are just algae in a slightly different construct.

"Gee, Mom, why do you make the bites so big?" CRUNCH! They love it. It is good for them. The poor algae eater has to move quickly or they will lose out. ;)

Yes, algae is eaten by goldfish, so i usually put the algae disc in a crevise in the rocks, where onlyl the algae eater knows where it is. That is a solution right there, or you could just put it in and feed the goldfish simutaneously so the goldfish are busy eating the other food.

Hope that can help your algae eater get some food.

I have pond water, not city water. And when stuff grows in the tank, it's usually yuck instead of algae.

:nana

Archived