Betta

(this is posted under betta too) I bought a new pellet food, gave some to my betta now he it is caught in his throat, u can see a lump under his head where it is stuck! What can I do??

Hi blueangel - that's a tough one. How big is the piece of food? It will eventually wear/break down and should be ingested then. Sometimes with pellets, if you presoak them first, you can then crush them between your fingers before putting in your tank - that way smaller pieces will be easily swallowed.

Has he improved at all?

Thank you! It took him awhile but he did spit it out, the expand much larger than I had expected when they went into the water, I am now cruching them up and letting them soak before feeding him thanks again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

One of my tetras has done that..the lump MOVES like a blob, morphing into different shapes. Its happened twice, the first time was when she got a hold of a piece of algea wafer and swallowed it hole! I couldn't do much except wait and fast her after she got better.

One of my tetras has done that..the lump MOVES like a blob, morphing into different shapes. Its happened twice, the first time was when she got a hold of a piece of algea wafer and swallowed it hole! I couldn't do much except wait and fast her after she got better.

Archived