New Goldfish-question

Guest Black_Moor_Gir

Guest Black_Moor_Gir

I have owned gold fish before but it has been a couple of years. I just recently purchased a black moor for my birthday! :) His name is Gir, after the T.V. show Invader Zim. I bought him some jewel pebbles about the size of small quartz stones and he likes to move them about (it's pretty cute actually), and I actually caught him sleeping on the pile he made. Is this just a his/her personality or is there more to this sleeping arrangement then I thought? If some of you more experienced fish owners could help me out that would be very much appreciated. :D . Thanks. My e-mail is slmcf01@aol.com. Tootles :)

Guest Chishower

How big is his tank? Do you have an air stone? It might just be sleeping, but there might be something else going on.

Congrats on your new fishy and welcome to Koko's!

Yep, when the lights go out, and when the tanks are dark, my goldies lay down next to each other and go to sleep on the gravel...IT IS SO CUTE....and as my tank is next to my bed, I face my fish, and they face me whilst sleeping...aww :wub:

I think that Gir has made a special bed for himself. My goldfish have special places in the tank where they like to sleep at, though most seem to want to sleep near the front and watch me sleep...tank is beside my bed...lol

Archived