Is The Goldfish Sleeping?

Guest StrongStyle

Guest StrongStyle

We recently got a BiOrb and a fancy goldfish. As part of the set up we got the Volcano toy that goes over the bubble tube with fake fauna on the sides. The fish has today started swimming over to the side of the volcano between two pieces of the fake fauna, laying against it on its tummy facing Vertically upwards towards the bubble tube exhaust and just sits there dead still for minutes on end.

Is this ok?

if all its fins are up and its breathing slows down then yes it could be sleeping and likes it there.

what size biorb is it and do you check the water quality?

Guest StrongStyle

Its the largest BiOrb they did (60litre). I'm gonna get a water checking kit, but it doesn't seem cloudy or anything, its only been in a week so is still cycling.

if its cycling then you really need to keep an eye on the water levels. ammonia levels could be high and you wont know until the fish got sick.

biorbs arent the ideal environment for fancy fish but good luck with yours :)

Hi there, :welcome

If you don't have your own water test kits you can take a sample of water to your pet store who generally test it for free.

60litres is a good size for one goldfish and toxins should not build up too quickly but to be on the safe side it would be a good idea to do small daily water changes.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest starry

I've the biorb and i also bought the volcano. My fish likes to sleep under the volcano and it seems like yous just likes it sleeping there. Water testing kits would be a good purchase though.

Archived