What's Your Fish's Favorite Food?

Guest Bigphil

Guest Bigphil

I am a new fish carer and up to now have fed my blackmoor nothing but "Premium Goldfish Flakes"

This morning I tried giving him a tiny bit of finly grated carrot. He wentt mad for it! For the first time he really looked like he was enjoying his food. Tell that to my friends and they would think I was totally mad!!

But I know you will understand what I mean.

So what does your fish like to eat the best?

well i feed my goldies pea, bloodworms, pellets and rarely some bannana's...but personally my goldies go mad for anything that they can eat..such lil pigs :D , yea they love all foods i dont have a favourite for them..

I feed the main diet of Pro-gold sinking pellets from Goldfish Connection.com

It is great and they are growing in big spurts lately. I totally know what you mean about the reaction to food, BigPhil. The first time mine got the pro-gold, I swear their eyes actually got bigger for a sec. then they got over being stunned and had a feast! :lol: I also supplement with a gel food I made, spirulina flakes, flake food and the treats of peas, other veggies and banana. They are little piggies and eat very well. :D

Guest Phreno

My fish get homemade gel food with lots of veggies and tuna, Omega one sinking pellets, hikari oranda gold pellets, fresh veggies and fruits, peas, krill, bloodworms, tubifex worms, spirulina flakes.... a whole bunch of stuff. I think variety is the key.

But, I must say that they go crazy for the bloodworms, peas, and omega one pellets the most. :D

I tried giving my goldy freeze dried blood worms - he refused to eat them.

I just bought Bio Blend goldfish wafers. They look like little pieces of cereal. He loves them! They sink so he waits near the bottom and catches them all in his mouth. He seems to enjoy them better than the flakes.

• 2 weeks later...

My goldfish love Bananas and Bloodworms! but they only get 'nanas on a rare occasion I feed them Hikari Lionhead food eventhough none of them are lionheads, they really really really love it .

Graham Norton goes nuts for his Spirulina and his Pro-Gold sinking pellets! He also gets shrimp pellets on occasion and sometimes gel food. He likes his peas and cucumbers but he does NOT like lettuce! HE's spoiled and prefers plants, of course! :lol: I don't feed him bloodworms b/c I have had too much trouble with disease from worms - and I hate worms - Yuck! But I am thinking about putting some live brine shrimp to see if he might like chasing them down... Anyone done that?

Archived