Bad News

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Guest LiL sTepHii 143
:cry1 My dad woke me up today at 6:30 am ( in NY time ) to tell me that ALL my fish in my pond died. I was like still sleeping so i didnt get up to check also because my mom and dad were leaving for work and they dont have time. So when they left i walked outside to find 3 dead at the bottom. My beautiful white one :( It was my sisters but I watched it and took care of it. And it died .... I had it for almost a year ( which is alot to me) . Then it hit me ! What happend to my other 3 !?!?!?! My 2 gold goldies and my grayish black goldie who looks just like the pond floor and is also VERY hard to find. They were missing. Since I live near a swamp and a forest ( a block away ) a raccoon or a bird or even a stray cat could of got it in the middle of the night. But y did it take half of my fish and not all of them? Then what could of killed my goldies? They were at the bottom dead .. Also if I wanna get new fish do i just out them in or do I take half the pond water out and put more chemicals in >? I have no idea what this cause is... anyone think they can help... give me ANY Wierd Unusual Idea and ill be happy :heart

I am sorry about your fish. I live in the country with woods right behind my house and have had both racoons and cats take my fish. I've also had birds attempt to take my fish and have friends who have seen birds take fish out of their ponds. It could be that the others got so stressed out that they died. Or maybe it's your water. Have you tested it?

Hi Lil,

The chances are raccoon for the most part. Cats don't like water...... shallow they may swat, but they won't reach and dig like a coon will. Sorry you had such a loss. A net well staked down or a grate of some kind would have deterred it. Coons are smart though and can lift a lot and move rocks though.

I live on top of the forrest also Lil, my pond is netted tightly. I also live close to a lake and the river goes right by, so I have herons,osprey,eagles, hawks and other wild life to contend with! :(

Its a hard lesson, but one to chalk up to the book of learning. :(

Archived