Couple Simple Questions

Guest Zyenthillias

Guest Zyenthillias

I was just curious about some things. I want my goldfish to grow bigger and faster and all, and my boyfriend (whose fish seem to grow monstrously in half the time) suggested I just feed them more than once a day, and maybe add a little variety to the diet. So I plan to do this. But from my observations, it got me to wondering...

1.) Does overeating cause any problems for fish? I'm trying a new food which is in the form of mini, sinking sticks, so it causes less waste than flakes, but one fishie in particular seems to eat quite a bit, and more (in proportion) than the others, so if there's no bad side effects involving water quality, is there anything bad about a fish eating a little too much?

2.) Is the matter really this simple, or can anyone else recommend anything?

3.) Is there any kind of food that tends to do this, more than others?

Guest Zyenthillias

Oog. I didn't think of that...s'pose I should keep an eye on that one, then. Seems to be a tad gluttonous, and it shows...

Well, my boyfriend and I both have 55 gallon tanks, but then his fish aren't goldfish, either. Even so, his plecostomas has grown at the same rate as all the others, and mine, which I've had about as long, is about 1/4 the size of his. ...??? And I know big isn't the most important thing. I don't care THAT much, I just miss my former goldfish, who was 7" before he passed on, and the tank still feels a tad empty, I'm afraid...

well, you shouldnt overfeed them no way, if you gonna feed them like twice a day then i suggest you feed your goldfish small amounts of your food in different times. for example you usually feed your goldfish like 1 pinch of whateva the food is..feed half of that pinch at noon and the other half pinch at night sometime...but yea never overfeed them..

another factor might be your water quality as you already said.

another question for you...

what goldfish do you have? (if it is goldfish you are caring for)

how many goldfish do you have in your 55gallon..?

marco

Archived