Moving Mishaps

Guest Chishower

Guest Chishower

We get to florida, and they have been in bags for three days. I go to set up the temp tank and sombody had put the dirty steam cleaner in the water I brought down. Its ruined.

So I put them in the tank with new water, and everybody has swollen gills but seems ok, they eat and stuff. I hook up the filter. It is splashing alot, so I set a towel over the whole thing while I step outside. It falls in, and turns the tank into a frothing bowl of soap.

I transfer them into new water AGAIN, and wait. They all seem fine except for the little one, but then I check and pug is dead. And its all my fault. And I can't stop crying. Twinkle is also really bad. This is not a good first day in Jacksonville.

Now, I have a funeral to perform.

Oh! I am so sorry! I don't know what to tell you... Just sending lots of love :heart and a big hug :bighug It sounds like a really big move :cry1 just too much for little guys. I am sure you don't want to hear this becuase it does not feel like it right now, but you did the best you could in the circumstances - it sounds really hectic - and accidents are just that - terrible and sad. :grouphug

I hope Jacksonville will only get better for you. Hang in there, Twinkle!

Guest Chishower

Its funny...if any of the other goldfish had died, I would be ok. But pug was my first, and she had lived through all my other stupid mistakes. A bowl, forgotten water changes, no knowledge of dechlorinators...and she seemed fine! This is such a shock.

Everyone else is alive, but stressed out.

On a brighter note, I already picked up a new betta...

I'm sorry about your fish, but it wasn't your fault. You did the best you could for your fish, and even though you lost a fish, you did some quick thinking and moving several times to try and save them, and did your best under the circumstances. R.I.P. Pug, and I hope Twinkle pulls through for you.

Oh Andy I'm so sorry :( Its really not your fault all of that happened, just think about it. You didn't contaminate the water you brought, and you didn't purposefully put soap in the water, you just tried to make them more comfortble. You did the best you could, all those waterchanges and such. They all traveled well right? You even used those little bag buddies to make sure they would be okay. None of this your fault, things just happen. Pug had a good life with you, I can tell that much. You are a great fish mommy and your fishies love you for it. You saved their lives several times on the trip :)

Good luck with your betta, and maybe you'll have some luck with that betta breeding project soon :) Feel free to pm me if you want to talk, I'm always here for you :hug

Guest Chishower

:heart Thanks everyone. You all make me feel better. :heart

Twinkle isn't doing much better. If I bother her, she will swim around but mostly she just sits, and once she even stoped breathing. I am also worried because the veins in her fins and tail are becoming more and more pronounced - septicema is something I do not need.

I think I will burry Pug tomorrow, we put her in the freezer because we have been sooooo busy.

I will keep you all updated.

Crossing my fingers for Twinkle... I hope she feels better soon, and you don't have anymore problems. Did you already post in the disease section?

Chishower,

I am so sorry about your beautiful Pug. I'm sure you provided your Pug a great life :hugs: These things happen no matter how careful we have been. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

-marie

Archived