A Dilema

magickzzl

ok, i have a 40 gallon tank, with my 2 commons and 2 orandas (I know, i know, so bad, but i have been up on my water changes) so heres my question-

I have it barebottom to keep those extra gallons in there and keep it clean, but i was tempted to plant it. would a very heavy planting make up for the lost gallons taken by gravel? I have a vase in there now with a plant, but I find its to hard to clean, and i was hoping to do something a bit more exotic them just an onion :) and some onions. lol!

So whats your opinion?

Well, in my opinion, I would plant the tank. Its sooo good for the tank and fish. I think you should! It would look amazing, and the fish would love it. They have so many places to hide and what not. Are you having an easy time keeping the tank clean? I wouldnt feel bad about 4 goldies in a 40 gallon. It could be worse. I say go for it, they plants will help with the nitrates, and just make sure your on top of your water changes. :heart

Always on top of the water changes! I have other planted tanks, and they dont seem to bad to clean... but only one has a goldy, and its ONE (my moore is in a planted 10)

Archived