Big Goldies With Little Goldies?

Guest Code4Fish

Guest Code4Fish

Hi Y'all

Okay so it may seem like a dumb question but i need to find out if i can put my big goldies with my little goldies??

here is the list of goldies

1"in fantail goldie

1"in Ruykin goldie

1"in Calico goldie

LARGE (NOT SURE LENGTH ON THESE ONES)

1-Lion Head Oranda (black and red)

1-Veil tail

1-HUGE fantail

Can they all live together??? It is a 60 gallon tank

I am worried about over crowding aswell

Hi Carolina, you would not be overcrowded even as your small fish grow. 60g would allow 10g per fish which is good.

I keep very small fish in with my large ones but only if the large ones are gentle fish. If they are at all aggressive they may decide to snack on the little ones.

I have no problems and my little ones get plenty of food, in fact they grow faster when in with large fish than with other fish their own size. Not sure why this is except perhaps they are getting more food.

I have put small goldies in with my large black moore. Initially I was worried because he'd chase them around, a LOT. But after a day or two he stopped. He never actually hurt them, I think he was just showing them who's boss :D

My calico was always bigger than my moor, and he was the one always chasing her even though he was a pip squeak...eventually she put him in his place I think....Next thing I know it had stopped and they were fine.

Just keep an eye on em all....I think they will do fine. :nana

Guest Code4Fish

Cool I will be moving him in with the little fishes in a couple more days when I am done treating him for all of his illnesses that come with new fishes...

I will Keep you posted on what he does when I move him

Thanx all

My goldfish do pretty well with the small fry, so I would say yes. My oranda's are a tad bigger than my comets, and so far no one has been nipping eachother, or bullying.

-Comet

• 2 weeks later...

Archived