Stand-offish Goldie

My goldfish (Reesee) seems to be hiding alot more than usual. His eating seems regular, and he seems pretty healthy. The thing of it is, the others are perfectly fine :blink: Is this normal?

I wouldn't think so. My fish only hides or bottom sits for a reason. Whether it be infection or eggs there always seems to be a reason in the end. You might want to go to the disease discussion board and answer the questions at the top. Those questions will help you or someone else get to the bottom of things. Things to think about are new fish that you have added, plants, snails, filters, changes in your city water, temp change, etc. They also can carry parasites for a long time without symptoms. Watch for yawning and flashing, discoloration...

I think any change in behavior is an indicator that something is going on.

I agree that something smells "fishy" :ignore . Any time I have noticed one of mine sitting or hiding, something is usually not good. But there is always the exception to the rule....I would test the water and if that reads normal, just watch carefully for any changes.

Archived