Fry Foods

Guest Inasoso

Guest Inasoso

okay,I am also submitting this in the DIY and tropical forum.

Three types of fry food are Infusoria, Green Water, and Microworms.

"How to make Infusoria:

add 15-18 black eyed peas plus a quarter to a half teaspoon of nonfat powderd milkto a gallon of rappidly boiling water. Boil for five minutes or so, and then, after two or three days, add the sarter culture from a ponge filter or pad.In a week or so, sypn off cloudy water and add to fry tank"

"How to make green water:

simply set a pan of water outside in a sunny place or a windowsill.Bright electric lights will also turn water green, Add to fry tank."

Green water houses spcies of algae and singlecell anials that fry eat.

"Microworms:

This is in the teen fry stage. too big for Infusiora and too small for brine srimp.

fill a plastic container with cornmeal, flour, or oatmeal, add a pnch of yeast, enough water to make a thin gruel, and starter cultuer. (rder this from a supplier).Punch a small hole in the top of the container and plug the hole with filter fiber to keep the smell in. Sprinkle sirulina flakes on top of the mixture. It is ok if thr microworms are green.

After 4 days, take a spatula sraper and scrape them off. Dip them in fry tank, they will sink as well."

Thanks!

That sounds so neat! So, all you need is just to make each thing is just that stuff you find around the house and they just grow? Interesting :) Would you recomend any of this for a 1" baby comet, or are they already big enough to eat crushed pellets? I don't have one yet, but I plan on one :)

Oh yah, they're big enough for flakes :) Whatever I feed needs to be crumbled a lot tho (flakes, bloodworms etc) into almost powder. One time I tried to feed a little bit of a veggie disk and Ruby sucked up the whole thing. She had a huge lump in her stomach for half the day and it was morphing into different shapes and stuff...it was scary and she wasn't feeling well at all. She was all better by the next day but I fasted anyways. So...yah I want to get more variety in their diet, especially some vegatation, but I don't think I can crumble veggies into a powder :P

Edit: Ooops. I posted this in the wrong topic! Here I am talking about my black neon tetras. You posted one in the tropical forum too..so I hope I'm not causing even more confusion. I've been doing that a lot lately!

Guest Inasoso

Tertas can live in green water, you will still need to feed them regular food, but their fry will instantly gain nutrtition. (ga! spelling!) No confused feelings with me! I can toatally understand you! :D Mabey go can feed them gel food? I dunno, but I get trtra flakes and crufh up the whole thing at first, the whole jar so I dont have to do it later. Mabey that will help?

Archived