Differnce In Fish

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Guest LiL sTepHii 143
:newfish Yesturday I went to the pet store to get worms for the gecko im babysitting and finally saw a black moor. I BEEN LOOKING for one for almost 2 weeks. So I asked the guy to get me one and he said we dont have black moors. I showed him and he said o those arent black moors the Black telescopes. Arent they the same ? Well i bought one.. I thought it was perfect . I let the guy pick. I put in tank and found it has a slit in its tail i was mad. But though it well grow. I was thinking if that hurts them I mean I know no one would no but ooch that must be like a paper cut :krazy:

Congrats on that fish :) pictureeeeeS!!! :P hehe..ermm well I know they can feel their fins, cause when a fish nibbles at them they can feel it. I reckon you moor probably felt it the first few minutes but they are designed so that they cannot feel intense pain like us humans can, and I bet he cant feel it now :)

Goodluck with your fishy steph, what tank is he in(gals) with what other fish? Hows the pond going? :)

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

yes.. I know :peeka I have now 4 fish in 20 gallons. There small though not big especially my telescope calico only an inch with tail ! my moor and 2 fantails are about 1-1/2 inches. I couldnt help buying one :cry1

the reason for the 10gallon per goldy is to make them grow and stuff right..?? but what if you just wanted to own goldies and dont care about their size..they still live quite long still..though they are yes, stunted.

but even tho its overstocked they can still live .

Okay, the 10 gal per fancy/20 gal per common rule isn't really for growth. It is for keeping them ALIVE. Stephanie, do you have a water testing kit? If you do, test the ammonia and post it here before you do a water change. We'll tell you if the level is okay. Honestly, I could bet all my money that your fish are being poisoned by their own waste right now. Is your tank cycled? To give you an idea about how much waste a goldfish produces, listen to this: I have one 2" baby fancy goldfish in a 29 gallon tank, all by himself. The tank was not cycled, so I could see exactly how much ammonia was being produced. I ended up testing the water like mad because I found out that with the one 2" goldfish with 29 gallons all to himself, ammonia levels could became dangerously toxic withing 12 to 24 hours. Yes, I did 30% water changes every day. You really need to stop buying fish, Stephanie. If you really care about them, you would stop and think about the ones you have now. They are all in real danger. I'd start thinking of ways to help your fish out, after all, they are living things that need your care, not ignorance. I'd use the money you have now to start saving to buy a big tank, and start using all your energy for waterchanges. I have a feeling your fish will run into some dangerous problems very soon....

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

ok... well im not going to get anyone I dont really know what u mean by cycled ... I have a filter and a bubble bar and I do take water out and put fresh in... I know my fish are fine and heathy.. Thank You though for ur advice i will keep it in mind...

Guest yabbie

And if you're buying fish from someone who doesn't know much about them, I reckon there's a high chance of the fish not being in perfect health and now it's in with the other three goldies...

Let's all cross our fingers and think happy thoughts :heart:D:heart

Archived