Fresh Water Tank

Guest Inasoso

Guest Inasoso

Hello, just wondering if the following is ok fo a 5 gallon. I got it from a fish mag.

Cory Catfish (1)

neon tetras (4)

Betta (1 and female)

zebra Danios (3)

This is a 5 gallon selection for small active fish that do not breed easily. If this works out, I also Have many 29 gallon/55 gallon combination for anyone who wants some.

Guest Inasoso

29/50:

My fav:

dwarf chichlid (2/4)

one-lined African Tetra (6/12) for cycling

upsidedown catfish (5/6)

Angelfish!!

swordtails (3/5) females only:

red velvet or

red velvet wagtail

Cories (6/8)

Angelfish (2/4)

For a five gallon tank, that would indeed be a good mix of fish that every fish can be comfortable in. But, the danios would need to be screened for tail or fin nipping of the betta.

In my opinion, the following must be applied to a 5 gallon with your list above:

The filter would need to push 100-120 gph. It would also need to be either well planted and maintained. Or, a bunch of silk plants and hidey holes would need to be added. A heater would be a must and it should be set in the upper 70's.

Basically, you would need a good amount of filtration but at the same time, you would need the currents created to be broken up enough for the betta to be comfy. ;)

Let us know if you get it going! :D

PAul

29/50:

Angelfish!!

swordtails (3/5) females only:

red velvet or

red velvet wagtail

Cories (6/8)

Angelfish (2/4)

365476[/snapback]

If you're gonna do female-only swords, you're not actually going to get swords on their tails, so you could very well do mollies instead, or even platies if you really wanted, and not notice much difference. Just in case anyone was wondering...

Archived