Pebbles Is Lonely...

froggydella

Well, as some of you know already I lost my black moor last night, I am really bummed about it too!! He was a heck of a fish!!

Well as of today when I was looking in the tank at Pebbles she seemed to just ever so slowly swim over to me and give me this blank look like "hey where is my bro" I feel so bad!!! :cry1 She looks so lost and lonely in there.

In talking with some people last night I asked when I could get a new freind for her, not to replace phil but so that pebbles isn't so depressed. I know I may sound silly here but she is really down!! She stares at me like I did something mean to her, and last night when Phil was still in the tank before we moved him she kept swimming down on the rocks to him and just sitting there......GAWD I never knew fish would pull at my heart strings like this.....

And my son....oh man he is so upset, he must of remembered that I had Phil in the QT on the kitchen counter last night then this am he came down and saw nothing!! He put his hand on his head and went "OH NO" poor kid!!

So with all that said, I actually meant to ask a question not go on and on bout my phil fish....

Well I was asking bout a new freind and I heard to wait a week or so just to make sure everything is okay in the regular tank.....I will gladly do this just want to make sure I shoulden't wait longer or anything, And just kinda wanted to get an idea if I could just plop the new guy in or should I be adding something? Anything like that?...

See I have never dealt with an illness so this stressed me out big time!!! I did the best I could do though...A big hug to Jessica for staying on AIM last night with me!! You rock girl!!! :hug:flowerss

Hi Froggy - I am sorry to hear about your moor! It very hard to lose a beloved friend... :cry1 Poor Pebbles! Maybe your son can pick out a new fishy friend for Pebbles?

Do you know what the casue of death was, becuase I think that might help give an indication of what you'll need to do with a new fish as far as cleaning the tank.

A new fish will have to be in QT anyway, I think. Someone with more experience than me will jump in soon - I just wanted to send you our condolence - GN & Me.

HI Grahmm,

There is another post in 911 or diesease....That gives more insight to what the problem was, I just wanted to start this one with a new topic instead of confusing it with the other one....

But I think we came down to the conclusion that he had fin rot, don't quite know how it got so bad like that so fast but it sure did, Devs thinks it had to of been like that for awhile but just the other day he was fine, I look at him everyday!!

But ne how thanks for the suggestion, I think letting owen pick out a new buddy is a great idea!!

:exactly

Sorry to hear about your moor :cry1 Getting another friend for Pebbles is a really good idea. I believe that fish do get lonley. Once you get a friend for her I'm sure she will perk up. Make sure you post some pics once you get your new fish :newfish

Sorry you lost your moor, it's very sad to loose your first fish. :(

If you go to disease & discussion, Toothless has pinned a thread about helping members diagnose problems. This thread also deals with quarantine issues and is very useful.

Im so sorry about your fish! Yes definetly get yourself a new fishie. They say fish dont get lonely but I really really think they do. Without another fish they have no stimulation and if they have previously had a tankmate or just came from a tank full of goldies in the LFS, ovcourse they gonna get lonely. When I brought my first goldie in, all day and all night he would sit under the filter looking miserable and he soon perked up when he got a new friend.

If you cant get a new fish straight away, then I suggest putting a large enough mirror next to the tank, (it has to be straight flat against it or it wont work) and your goldie might be fooled in thinking he has a new friend and get happy again :)

goodluck, and R.I.P Phil..

Thanks so much everyone...These past few days have been a real bummer around here!! Geez I have go into a mood since I lost my moor.....Am I weird? Seems like I shoulden't be this upset about losing my fish, I had probably only had him for about 7 months or so.

LLILLYPETAL: what a good idea about the mirror, I might give the a go and see if it works for awhile.

I am hoping to get a new fish sometime within the next week or so, I want to be sure there is no fin rot on her!!

GRAHMM: you had mentioned that when I do get a new buddy I would have to have him in a QT tank for a bit, How long do I have to do that for?

Again thanks guys for all your hugs and support, it means a lot to me!! Hopefully Pebbles will perk up soon.... :heart

Archived