Cool Pleco...

I have been looking for awhile now to find a pleco that I really like. I'm going to get a regular bristlenose @ my LFS, but then I wanted one that was different. I found this one just now, it only grows up to 6 inches, it's peaceful, and it's just super cool! I love that it can get to a brilliant orange or red....whaddya think?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1879

Wow! Never seen any pleco like that before! Pretty nice color and tail! Are you thinking about ordering it? Needs lots of space though, do most plecos need 50 gal?

Special bargin too; if you buy three or more, they only cost 44.99 each instead of 49.99! Still, a pretty additon to a tank, and I know I wouldn't mind having one!

Thanks Roano! Yeah I waws thinking about getting him...I have a 60 gallon, and as it says they only get to about 6 inches that really fits my list of requirements....Did you read the description though, it has like a super long tail....I thought that was cool! Anyhoo, I was hoping to get feedback to help me make up my mind, so thaks for the positive reaction, LOL, it makes me feel better about spending the $$$$! :rofl

Super cool! Go for the pleco! And then take pix as fast as you can - I want to see that in your tank! What will you call him? He's gotta have cool name to go with that tail and flaming red scales!!!

Go ahead spend the dough!! He is awesome looking!! I bet he will be a beauty when he reaches full size!!

I am egging ya on here I know, but I can't help it....LOL...I have a bad motto it goes like this, ~money is meant to be spent~ I am horrible!! I think he is worth every penny.

Let us know if you do end up getting him, I see that is outta Dr.Fosters and Smith do you order outta there often? :lol

Pretty much bi-monthly, which oddly enough is just as often as I get paid LOL! :rofl

Thanks for the great (or not so great, depending on how you look at it :lol: ) encouragement all! I'll let you know when I buy him..prolly a couple more weeks! In the mean time let's brain storm on some super cool names for him and his beautiful coloring! I'm open to everyone's suggestions! :heart

P.S. Froggydella: I really like your motto, mind if I adopt?! LOL!

That is a beautiful pleco! I have seen the regular brown whiptails but never a red one like that. My only concern with putting it in a goldie tank is that the pleco might not get enough to eat with the goldfish hogging the food?when I had them together my pleco never seemed to get his food.

6" is quite a lot of pleco. Your bristlenoses are usually between 2-4". As far as I'm aware bristenoses are the only plecos recommended as tank mates for goldfish. Any large sucker fish is a risk to a goldfish, especially when they may not get enough to eat, as Jenny suggested.

nice colour.. whiptails creep me out a little... just like those catfish that are like black and plated or something.. i think they are butterfly catfish.. no wait those are the upside down ones, they scare me two :unsure:

but may he be a bit to sensitive to be with goldies? Goldfish make loads of nitrates, and like cooler water.... just a thought.

That's what I've been thinking about, but the guys from Foster Smith seem to think it's Goldie compatible...I dunno, I think I'm going to delve in to some research and see what I can turn up...I would never want to harm something...wether it be my goldies or a Pleco. :heart

WoW!! That thing is so KOOL!! it looks like a Red Dragon!!

You better believe if I had the extra $$$ & room in my tank I wouldn't hesitate to get one!!

And it only gets SiX INCHES LONG........S O L D!!

(Oh in case I am not clear.....I vote YEP GET THE THING!!)

Archived