Impulse Buy

sandy

I saw a gorgeous betta on a british site and just had to have him. trouble is, i dont know much about his type and wondered if anyone could tell me what size he is going to get too. he is a red and white maybe a marble giant plaket. i have a feeling the 4 gallon is too small for him so once he gets over his journay he will be going into the 34 gallon with just a few other fish for company.

here is a pic of him.

hes the one on the bottom.

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail62_23969.php

foxxie > i too thought about the crowntails as the reds were gorgeous but i needed a fish with short fins who could stand up for himself and i reckon he can do that. good luck with your fish, and post a pic once he has settled in.

graham> hes the last one on the list with the short fins and i'm hoping he is posted today with delivery tomorrow sometime, i'm so excited!!

thank you everyone else, i cant wait to see how big he is!! :krazy:

ive just opened his box and took out the little bag he travelled in and hes huge! he can hardly turn round poor thing, but hes very active. will post a pic in a few days once he has settled in. :)

He nearly spent a night at the post office! our doorbell doesnt work, so the postie thought no one was in, and i heard the letter box rattle so i went through to see a note left by him to say that he would be at the post office and that i couldnt collect him until tomorrow (this was at 10 am).

so i went running out and there he is pulling away from my drive and i thought no! i cant let him stay another day in that cramped box so like a wild banshee i'm running down the middle of the road, arms flailing wildly shouting stop, i'm here, dont go. luckily he saw this raving lunatic in his mirror and stopped.

If it had meant running after him for the entire length of the street i wouldve done, as i didnt want the poor fish to suffer any more.

Now my neighbours have another excuse to call me mad, but i dont care!! :rofl

strange what we do for our fish isnt it :lol:

thanks, but i think hes got ich now from all the stress. :(

hes not scratching on anything but his tail looks like it has a spot or three and he jumps around in the water. ive put him in the quarantine tank and im now salting the water up to 3%. :crp

Hey Sandy - How is he doing?! I hope it was not ich - if so, may it leave as fast as it came! What you gonna call the little guy? He is gorgeous!

(I got some fish by post - they put a sticker on it "LIVE FISH" - so the guy asks me at the door, "you mean, the kind you eat?!" - you should have seen the look on his face when I told what (all) was in the box! I think he will be reading the labels more often - it was sooooo hot out - and he looked horrified when he thought about what would happen if he did NOT deliver the box)! :lol:

posties just have no idea what they may be carrying and all it said on my box was *contains water* so he was shocked when i said what was in it.

I added some salt last night to .1% and noticed he had a white spot on his head that had a kind of fungusy look to it. this morning all his spots and the fungus thing have all gone and hes swimming around now with all his fins open so i hope he is over the worst of it now.

He is called Trooper and i hope to breed from him next year if i find a suitable female. I have a 34 gallon that i can use.

Thanks for your interest everyone. :)

:D Congrats on your new buddy,"Trooper" Sandy! I love his colors!!! From everything that I've read,he has a chance to max out at around 5 inches or so! :yikes Now that's one heck of a Betta!!!! :lol:

Well, you learn something new here every day. I've been keeping bettas for years now and before this thread I had no idea about giant bettas!

I'm glad he made the trip safely Sandy and I'm am sooo glad you caught the post man in time! I hope he continues to get better and I can't wait for more pics! :photo::D

7 inches :o wow!! thanks for that link magickzzl, i have added it to my favourites for future reference.

i have asked his importer if he can find me two female giants, so hopefully i can breed them.

he is doing better today and hes perked up really well, but hes still does the odd flash and ive salted now to .2 so will leave that for a few days.

thanks again everyone. :)

Archived