Slight Tilting

Sorsha

I recieved a 46gal bowfront for my birthday on the 18th, and i set it up with rocks plastic plants, the penguin biowheel for up to 75 gal. I let everything cycle for 24 hours. I already had in it my salts, stress coats, aqua safe. my ph is 7.5 and all my Nitrates, Nitrites and ammonias are 0. After i double checked everything and made sure the temperatures were the same i started to add my fish. I only have 3 minnows, 2 hillstream loaches, one large oranda, and one small ryukin. On monday i noticed the water looked hazy and that evening it was even hazier so i figured it might be a bacteria bloom. So i did a 50% water change and everything water wise is still good.

All of the fish were happy up until yesterday, where i noticed my large oranda is slightly tilting. If he just seems to rest, his tail will slowly float upwards until he rights himself. He ate this morning but doesnt seem to be too interested in eating. I got him to eat one thawed frozen pea however. He also seems to be staying near the middle of the tank.

Ive started a Melafix/Pima fix treatment since ive read it might be a bacteria.

Im hoping someone here will be able to put my fears to rest, and quickly since im to leave for a 4 day trip tomorrow morning!

also, my fish eat the bioblend goldfish sinking pellets, bio blend herbivore sinking pellets, algae wafers, blood worms, daphnia, and spirulina.

I dont think it is swim bladder, but i can not be sure.

I'm hoping it was ok for me to have upgraded their home :(

Is it stress? shock? a disease? HELP!

Hi, since your tank is new, it has just started the nitrogen cycle. What are your parameters now?

Just change water during this time to lower ammonia and nitrites. When one day, you check that there is no ammonia or nitrites, just nitrates, then the tank is cycled.

Your fish may be stressed, and swimbladder disease. Just keep feeding the fish peas, and moniter if anything goes wrong.

Archived