Woopidy Do Daa Woopidy Day My O My I Luv My Lfs///

lillypetal

lol i :heart my LFS! They just had a renovation done and it is masssssive now!!

My mum took me to have a look there, because Iim looking for a 20gallon tank, and wowwwww the goldies are actually STUNNING!! If I get a 20gall like I want to, I would loveeeee to buy another fish, probably a pearlscale or another oranda too join my two calico orandas :D

As you can see from the title, im in such a good mood after looking at all the little cuteys in the tank screaming "take me home! take me home" hehe...i know i shouldnt put three goldies in a 20gall butt i would keep tank conditions pristine :)

Ooh forgot to post the most important bit :P:P

okay so i was looking at the tanks and spotted a couple of cool ones :

Fluval Uno 800 which was 96litres and 21 UK gallons

How many US gallons is this?

Fluval Uno 600- 63litres and 13.8 UK gallons

Okay, so is the 10gallon per fish rule according to US or UK gallons. If US like I suspect then, how many UK gallons per goldfish do you know?

Thankyou!!!

Its not the money, but the main problem is the space, my mother was shocked at the size of the 96litres and amn going to have to be a perfect daughter if i really want that tank

21 UK gallons = 25 US gallons

13.8 UK gallons = 16.5 US gallons

:D

Edit: 25 UK gallons = 30 US gallons. Ideally, that's what you should be shooting for if you want 3 fish.

Sounds like your in a great mood today!!! :D YEAH.. Its always nice to hear when someone is in a super good mood!

I really hope you get the tank you want! Im clueless on the Uk/US gallon thing, but its nice to know now! LOL....

I think a pearlscale would be awsome to add with your orandas. Ive never had a pearlscale, but their beauties! LOL... but arent all goldfish!! LOL...

Im in a pretty good mood today as well. Not sure why. My son wolk me up at 5am this morning, and i barely got any sleep.... but im feelin pretty good today!! LOL..

Hope you get the tank you want and are able to get a few more fabulos goldfish!

"Its not the money, but the main problem is the space, my mother was shocked at the size of the 96litres and am going to have to be a perfect daughter if I really want that tank."

I know what you mean about space; there are only so many tanks one can fit in one's room without removing one's bed.

Oh that sounds great, i was also very happy when i found my

new LFS they have everything :D Congrats, and i hope you get

your self a new tank,

Hmm i don't think you should be stocking your tanks to max potential...

Alex

It is tempting though, isn't it?

So what tank are you planning on getting, or haven't you decided?

I wish you the best with your venture to get a tank. I hope you can get the 25 gallon one for your fish, that would be a lot better than 16.5 for 3 goldies

yeah...thanku guys :D u r all awesome :)

Yeah Im still looking around for best prices and different stock...

I am seriously considering the following :

Rena Aquarama 80 - its 96litres, which I think is like 21UKgals and 25USgals... In most shops I have seen it to be selling at ?125 but I found a shop in Oxford's website, and they sell it for ?80. My LFS dont have it at the moment, but they might do in the next few weeks.

Or..

Hagen Uno 800 - its again 96litres which I think is like 21UKgals and 25USgals....apparently it retails at ?160, but the shop in Oxford sells it for ?85 and my LFS ?100...

The problemoo is the size, my mother thinks its massive, and I really need to do a lot of convincing. She said, well isn't it okay to put them in the 16USgall tank, and I was like well ovcourse it would be an improvement, but really 20gall++ would be better :)

wish me goodluck im gonna need it, for those of you who dont know my current tank is a 16litre tank, so if i go from a 16litre to a 96litre tank, I dont think my fish will mind getting a new roommate :P

Archived