Whisper Advanced Power Filter

Guest Abrienna

Guest Abrienna

I have a Whisper Advanced Power Filter for 5 - 15 gallons that came as part of a 10 gallon starter kit from nooppee. I've had it for about 2 years now and have long since lost the literature. Does anyone know what the GPH is? I've checked the Tetra site and GPH is not listed for those filters. I'm currently using it as a secondary filter, not a primary one, but I'd still like to know the GPH...

Abrienna

Whisper, not being a very good brand, severly lacks in ANY info pertaining to their products. So, gph for any of their filters seems to be a trade secret of some idiotic sort. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think its a safe assumption to look at it like this:

90% of HOB filters that are labeled for up to 15 gallon tank only push about 80-100gph. The correct rate of filtration for goldfish is twice the recommendations on filters packaging. So, you would need 2 of these filters for it to be safe to use on a 15 gallon tank.

Just my experiences......

Paul

I had that exact filter and it pulls 90gph or so says the box. I added a second filter so if it's not your primary you should be ok B)

Guest Abrienna

Thanks, Maceo. 90 GPH is about what I had guessed it at. It is the secondary filter on a 20 gallon high that is currently running an AquaClear 150, while I wait for my new AquaClear 200 to arrive.

Toothless, I agree about information like GPH being a Tetra Whisper trade secret. I must have spent a good half an hour trying to find out the GPH online before I posted the question! <_<

Abrienna

Archived