Black Moor In Trouble

froggydella

Well I have just noticed this within the past 12 hours or so...

He is sitting at the bottom of the tank not doing ne thing, at first I thought he was taking a nap but now he is sitting at the bottom of the tank not really moving much, I put my hand on him and he squirms but thats about it. He has his top fins laying flat to his back and it seems that he has some sort of white line on his one side?....Could this be ick?

He looks pretty skinny to....seems like he has gotten smaller compared to pebbles at least.....I feel so bad for him right now and don't know what to do?......I would hate to lose him, he is my baby!!!!!

I have a bad feeling that he isn't going to last through the night... :( He looks like he is having a hard time breathing too.

The water is fine, levels are ok, he ate last night and this morning....Someone please help me.... :cry1

Well I think it has come down to the freezer method.....I know that he is suffering in there......I keep holding him but he doesn't stay up in the water he keeps going right back down to the bottom of the tank......

I know that I can't expect a answer in 2 seconds but I am at a total loss here he seems to be going fast on me!! my heart is breaking!!!

If anyone thinks it's to late and thinks I should go ahead and let him go in peace please let me know.......I can't bear to watch him suffer ne more. :scared:cry

I'm so sorry about your moor! Nothing I've learned on this board in the past few months can help, I think. I hope someone magical with all the answers comes along soon. All I can offer is a hug. :hug:grouphug

Can you give us alittle more to go on? I know you say that the levels are ok, but having the numbers is so valuable.

Also describing how he was before and now is helpful as well.

Remember the more you can give us the better.

Any changes lately?

The white line, could be anything.

Post back soon.

I am talking with Jessica on AIM as of right now so she is walking me through this all, hubby is at nnnnnn gettin meds and a new QT tank for me etc.....So I think for now I am goin to try and relax.....this is stressful this has never happend to me before...

As far as his health before he was fine as frog fur.....Happy as a lark!! Not many changes lately still hanging at the bottom, I am going to do a water change soon if my husband isn't home soon, then I will test the levels again.....

Just as of right now pebbles went over and "sat: by him for a second!! AHHHH how cute....and SAD!! God this breaks my heart to see an animal suffer like this!! :thud

Okay well as of this minute he is in his QT tank...got all his meds in there and everything is up and running, I am doing the best I can here I have never dealt with this before!!

Now that I can see him more up close he does look like he has fin rot bad!! all his fins on the top seem to be missing?....And one eye seems to be glazed over, he is sitting at the bottom of the tank right now just chillin......

What I would like to know now I guess is there ne thing else I can do at this moment in time to make ne thing better? And should I try feeding him some flakes?

Any help would be appreciated I am going to post up some pics so maybe someone can get a better idea of whats going on with him....

Thanks so much!!!!!! :grouphug

Della

:( Hi Della,all those pics were pretty bad. I couldn't tell anything by them at all. So,do you want to start at the very beginning here? Start with the Water Params. How oftren were you changing water,and how much? Those fins sound like theyve been a problem for a while.What exactly were you "advised" to treat with,and what was decided was wrong with the fish? Clue us in so we know what's going on... Post soon. :) Try to answer as many questions in the box as you can. Don't take this personally,but I'm going to delete some of these pics.There are alot,and you really can't see anything.

Well Well Well.....We have come to the conclusion that it is indeed fin rot!!! what a bummer!!!

He is hanging in his tank now....seems to be doing okay....Do fish usually pull through this or die?......Go ahead give it to me so I know what to maybe expect in the A.M.

Thanks Jessica!!!! :hug What a mess I woulda been in without you!!, GAWD peeps must think I am nutso...Here I am on AIM with Jessica, snapping pics and talking to my hubby on the phone while he is reading meds off to me!! But I guess thats what you do when you love a pet that much.......Now all is calm at the moment......I will post back in the morning with his condition......THANKS AGAIAN JESSICA!!! Tell Ryan I am not loco!!.....LOL :wacko:

Well Sharon I had been doing water changes bout every week or so, sometimes a week and a half would go by but nothing more than that.

I always change bout half the water sometimes a little less....And his fins have been fine up until the past couple days and tonight is when I noticed there was a major problem!!! I am treating him with mela fix......He is doing okay right now....just hanging out at the bottom.....

I swear he was fine up until yesterday!! His sister fish is fine and was acting concerned bout him tonight so thats when I took a closer look at him...

Hey gimme a break bout the pics I know they were bad but they gave an idea of how he was laying at the bottom of the tank....I have never really posted pics before on here only one other time and it's not that easy to get pics of fish, do you have any pointers for me as maybe I can take some more and see if they turn out better, I know they were HUGE....sorry bout that too.....

Thanks Sharon I was begining to think no one cared bout my Phil Fish....... :cry

Sorry I am maybe coming off crabby here but I am worried and stressed out today.....this is the straw that broke the camels back for me today!!

Della,I truly am sorry about your little Moor. I did not want to hear that from you. Do me a favor though.Keep up with your water changes,and Parameter readings. I don't want your other fish to get ill. {{{Hugs Dela}}} :heart

Thanks Devs....I am really really bummed out bout it!! didn't think I would take it so bad but I am for some reason....I put him in the freezer for the night and I will bury him tommorow.....I feel like such a failer.....I rushed around got him everything well actually my husband did but it wasn't fast enough I guess....I just sat there and looked at him, so sad I feel so bad for him I sure hope he wasn't suffering.

Thanks Devs that hug helped!! I will keep a close eye on Pebbles.... :hug

Thanks Guys I am bummed to the max on this one!! He was such a doll!!!! I would like to go right out and get another but my heart feels like I am replacing him and I can't do that......

Pebbles looks so lost in there without her buddy!! I did the best I could though I have never had a illness so I guess maybe I didn't so something right? But I did try. :idont:thud

I feel like a failure in some ways but these things happen to us all. :cry1

Don't feel like a failure, you were trying very hard to help. As hard as it is sometimes we can't save them. It hurts I know but giving it your all is important.

:hug

Archived