Yea!

blueangel12328

I found a 1 gallon tank (no filter...yet) in my basement the other day, and was thinking about what can go in such a small tank, is there anything else besides a betta I can put in it? I might end up moving my betta out of a 5 gallon and into that, but I was just wondering if I had other options. :)

Triops! Seamonkeys! A mysterysnail! eerr... what else... pet air bubble? XD oh! i know! on one of the plant forums, a guy has an algea ball.. just an algea ball.. its great!

I think I am going to end up w/ the betta and a plant or two in the smaller tank, but it needs a filter and i can't put a filter on b/c of the lid! maybe a undergravel? And whats the best way to clean a tank just some hot water? It has been in the basement a loooooong time.

And one last thing, what kind of filter should i get? It can't hang on the side the lid is too large, any undergravel filters that fit in a one gallon tank or somehting else small? okay i think thats it, just have to find someone to take me to the petstore to get all the goodies lol.

Okay I need to cycle the 1 gallon b4 i put my betta in it. I am going to put water from his tank into it then maybe keep guppies (just males or females no mixing!) for a awhile just to make sure it is ready. then i think that should do it. So I guess my question is do you think 2 guppies could live ok in a 1 gallon tank?

Archived