Bala Sharks

fishrpets

I read on another site that some people have bala sharks in with their goldies. I had thought about getting bala sharks in their own tank once but I went with snails instead. They are cute and known to be peaceful but the thought of them being with goldies seems questionable. Do any of ya'll have any experience with them?

many moons ago i had a four foot tank with two bala sharks a common goldfish and a commpn plec. they all lived fine with each other but inevitably they all out grew the tank and had to be rehomed. when small, goldies and balas do school together but generally the balas need a bigger tank than goldies just for swimming room. balas need to be kept in small shoals and when they are full grown they need at least 100 gallons maybe more. they do grow at the same rate as a goldie so you can imagine the room needed for them.

yup, i had them from babies and had to sell them to my friend when they were about two years old. the goldie was a good 6 inches and the balas about the same size. they went into a huge six foot tank that they looked tiny in.

Guest ThugLife

i had four bala sharks that were 12 inches each

they need alot of room

and that is how mine died

they JUMP alot!!

i havnt tired, keeping them with goldfish

but with other sharks they were fine such as red tailed, rainbow and etc

Archived