Swollen Eye

The_Mohican

Ammonia Level-0

Nitrite Level? -0

Nitrate level? -20

Ph Level? -7.8

Ph Level out of the Tap?-7.8

Tank size(How many Gals) and How long has it been running?-10 gals, around 4 months

What kind of Filtration? -power filter

How often do you change the water and how much? -once a week about 40 - 50%

What kind of Water additives or conditioners?-none

Any Medications add to the tank?- nope

How many fish in the tank and there size?-4, one lionhead about and inch, and 1 fantail a little less than and inch, and 2 white clouds about 2" each.

Add any new fish to the tank?-the lionhead and fantail were purchased 6 days ago

What do you feed your fish?

Any unusual findings on the fish? Such as

"grains of salt", bloody streaks, frayed fins, fungus? - the fantail has a swollen eye. I think it must have bumped it on something. It also looks a bit bloody.

Any unusual behavior? Like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?- last night it just sat on the bottom, but it is moving around a little today, but still staying on the bottom alot. Light seems to bother it and i have not seen it eat today or last night.

If you can what is the chloramines Level

from the Tap?-0

Om so last night I went to feed the fishes when I noticed my sisters calico sitting on the bottom of the tank(it is in quarentine with my new lionhead). I knew it couldn't be water params I had just done a water change and tested everything a few days ago, and my liohead was acting perfectly fine. It was too late to do anything so I just left it for the night figuring I'd have a dead fish in the morning. Well I woke up this morning and the thing was swimming around, not alot but better than sitting on the tank bottom, so I turned on the light and when I came back a minute laster it was back on the bottom of the tank. I then turned the light back off and it started swimming around again?! So I watched it for a minute and when it faced me head on I saw that its left eye was very swollen and had a red tinge to it. I think it must have bumped it on something, I took out the only 2 plastic plant in my tank out and left only one light on so it isn't as bright. I have not seen it eat since yesterday afternoon and my tank is salting to .3%. Is there anythign else I should do for the little thing?

Sounds like you are doing a good job of it. He could have bumped the eye, if so it should heal ok if everything continues to maintain good quality. You are a little overstocked so keep a close eye on that and wait, if anything further develops let us know.

Good luck.

Bad news. Found it on the bottom of the tank this morning gasping for breath. It eye got worse as the day went on, it is now all red and yucky looking. I have moved it into a bucket by itself, but it canbarely move and I doubt it will make it the 8 hours until I get home from work:(

:( the poor little thing was dead when I got home. i didn't think ti would make it, but I am still sad about it. :cry Luckily my little Cora seems to be doing wonderfully and has even grown a bit. already knows me as the one who provides the food, lol :heart

Archived